Our goals with this 8-week intensive blog are to expand the reach of our geriatric education for residents in a way that is:
- Helpful for your current clinical practice
- Helpful for your family medicine boards preparation (you should choose to do the geri section!)
- Interactive to facilitate teaching as well as learning
- Useful as a reference for your geri topics… forever!
Expectations of Residents and Fellows –
- All residents will receive weekly email notification alerting them that a new case has been posted. New cases will be posted on Wednesdays.
- All residents, at least while on an outpatient rotation, will contribute a comment, a reference, or a question to that block’s blog entry.
- Fellows will facilitate online discussion throughout the block and, at the end of the block, post references and take-home points.
Thank you for your great participation in our needs-assessment survey; we used your answers to guide our topic choices. We will ask you for feedback in anticipation of presenting this project at the conference of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine in Baltimore.